Sunday, September 19, 2010

September Sunday Sunrise

I was sleeping peacefully this morning, at about 6:40 AM, when I was rudely awakened by our two dogs, apparently needing to go outside. I reluctantly rolled over, and got up to let them out. Opening the front door, I saw one of the most beautiful sunrises I've seen since we moved here. I grabbed my camera, and stepped back out on my front porch...in my "grandma pajamas."
This is the first picture I snapped:
As I was admiring the beauty and quiet of this lovely Sunday morning, I heard a flock of Canadian geese, loudly honking up above. And then...before I could say, "Thank you, God for waking me up to experience this beauty," I heard "BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM-BLAM!!! And then I hear the honking fading away...and one lone goose, (likely wounded from the sound of it), descending to the field next to us...honk...honk...honk...honk...
Still enamored by the gorgeous sunrise, I changed the setting on the camera for more light, and you can see a dark blur next to the driveway. That's "Jake," our Springer/Choc Lab mix. I think all that shooting scared the bejeebers out of him! He SHOULD be a good hunting dog, but he doesn't know that. On the other hand, "Finn" the little Papillon didn't even flinch.

I set my camera back to the original settings to take ONE more picture...because despite the noisy hunters, and the poor wounded goose...it really was an amazing way to start my day.



No comments:

Post a Comment