Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wii Just Dance 2 ~ What a Party!!

Recently, I was chosen to be a House Party host for the new Wii game, "Just Dance 2" by Ubisoft. I was to invite mothers and daughters, to come and dance to 4o+ dance tunes, and see who had the best dance moves. Well...since I don't have a very big living room, and my friend, Lisa, (of Our Seven QTPies fame) does, and was planning a couple of parties, (a Pillsbury Crescent Roll one and one featuring some pre-school toys) as well, we decided to combine them. She also wanted to host a "Thirty-One Gifts" party for our friend, Anna, who is now a consultant for that company, so we invited all of our friends to her house, on a Sunday afternoon and called it a MEGA party! Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate very well. It was snowing, and raining and the roads were very icy around here that day, but we opted to go ahead and have the party anyway.

Fortunately, four of Lisa's 7 children, are teenagers and all of them happened to be home that day. Another friend came with her 2 girls, so along with my 13yr old, Molly, we had plenty of teens to try out "Just Dance 2!" It worked out really well, too. We had Anna do her "Thirty-One" party first, and then sent the little ones in the next room to play with the pre-school toys, and Lisa fed us hors d' oeuvres, made with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.

As far as the "Just Dance 2" part of the party? It was a HUGE hit! It was a little hard to get into at first, but it didn't take them long to catch on to how it was done.


That's my Molly, in the blue and orange. She was really getting into these dances, and seemed to be having a lot of fun. The other two in the above picture, are siblings, Hope and Cody. They were dancing to songs like, "Walk like an Egyptian" by the Bangles and WHAM's "Wake me up before you go go."

If you could see the above photo on the left, up close...Molly looks pretty funny. While she was dancing, her hair flew in front of her face, and it looks a bit like a mustache! The pic on the right is Cody, Molly and Allison.


After awhile, Cody and Hope's older brother, Devon got in on the action too. I was not surprised that the girls enjoyed this game, I WAS surprised and thrilled to hear the two boys' comments, while they were dancing. I'm not sure how many times I heard things like, "This game is AWESOME!" All the kids were really into it.

So, since we only had 4 Wii-motes, they weren't going to give them up to parental units without a fight. The kids were having so much fun, no one wanted to take them away, anyway. Toward the end of the party, one mother DID get brave though. Pam got up and started dancing with the kids, even though she didn't have a Wii-mote in her hand! Go, Pam!


I honestly think that if there had been more teens at this party, they would have done the same thing. They really did have a blast. In fact, When my daughter and I were ready to leave, we had a hard time getting them all to STOP dancing, so we could take our game home! And before we even left the house, BOTH boys had commented about how awesome "Just Dance 2" is, on their facebook status!

I had received a complimentary copy of "Just Dance 2," as a thank you gift for hosting this Dance Party, and writing an honest review of the product on my blog. To my surprise and delight, they also sent along a bonus copy of "Just Dance Kids!" I told Lisa she could keep the bonus game, for allowing me to have the party at her house, thinking that her younger children would enjoy it. Well, since her older kids didn't want to quit dancing when we were ready to go, they opened that one up, and were pleasantly surprised that "Just Dance Kids" is NOT JUST FOR KIDS, either! It has certain songs for younger children, some for the older ones, and songs that the whole family can dance to together. Lisa has also been using it to work out with lately, and said it was so much fun, she didn't even think about the fact that she was exercising! All in all, I would have to give both of these products two great big "THUMBS UP" and would highly recommend them for the teen or younger child in YOUR life, for a great Christmas gift! Ubisoft's "Just Dance 2" and "Just Dance Kids" are available from GameStop.com and if you live in my area, I've got a few coupons for $5 off an free shipping, if you order them from there by 12/10/10.

Now, just by watching my video below, you can help me get into the running to win a $1000 shopping spree from Game Stop! It's actually pretty funny, my friend's little grandson came into the room and after watching the big kids dancing, decided to join in:

2 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed the game! The boys are the biggest advocates for buying the game, and I plan to get it with my coupon!
    The kids game isn't as fun for the older kids after trying the Just Dance 2, but the little ones like it, and so do I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for your hospitality, Lisa! And for providing 3 of the dancers, as well!

    ReplyDelete