Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives Party

Because I lost my beloved sister, Patty to breast cancer a few years ago, I decided to hold a "Save Lids to Save Lives" get together. Every year at this time, you can find Yoplait yogurt with pink foil lids on top. The pink lids are in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, in October. For every pink lid you send in, Yoplait will donate $ .10 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation to fight breast cancer. We collected and sent in 22 lids, so far.


I invited several of my closest friends over, to discuss breast health and sample Yoplait yogurt. They also brought other snacks to share, because that's what we like to do when we get together...we eat. There were 9 of us there, along with two babies. One was only 2 weeks old, so did not sample the yogurt...

...but the 9 month old seemed to enjoy it very much!!


We had all sorts of different flavors, like "strawberry banana," "pina colada," lemon, "orange dream," and "chocolate mousse." I set the yogurt out with a spoon in each one, and let people put a little of each on their plate to sample. That way, we could all sample several different flavors. For the most part, I think there were good reviews.

Personally, though the flavors taste good, they're a bit too sweet for my taste. I did not purchase any of the "Light" flavors of Yoplait, because I don't care for artificial sweetners, but also am not a big fan of "high fructose corn syrup, which seems to be present in all of Yoplait's original flavors. My husband buys the light flavors all the time though, for his lunches. I prefer another brand, that makes a 100 calorie yogurt with NO artificial sweetners, just less added sugar. It would be my suggestion that Yoplait would come out with such a thing. I would definitely buy it if they did!

I was not paid to review this product, although I was sent a gift card to purchase the Yoplait yogurt that would be sampled at my get-together, and a free copy of "Promise Me" by Nancy G. Brinker, as a thank you gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment