Friday, October 8, 2010

What A Difference A Year Makes!

The second Friday of every month, a group of my friends and I get together for Ladies Night Out. We don't necessarily go "out," though. In fact, it all started with a group of women that would meet at church, to play games, eat, laugh and get to know each other better. We are no longer meeting at our church, and there are a few women that have joined our group that either no longer attend our church, or never have but have come with a friend. So now, we take turns meeting at each other's houses or at a restaurant etc.

Anyway, last year's October LNO was held on a very cold night, with SNOW in the forecast. Here is what we found when we walked out to the parking lot in the wee hours of the morning:


And the following day, I took pictures of my grandson, CJ playing in the snow. I love the contrast of the pretty colored leaves against the green grass and the white snow, though.


Fast forward to the second Friday of October THIS year. It is 82 degrees out, and not a cloud in the sky. Not even any wind to speak of. I just took a picture from "Grandma's Front Porch." This is what it looks like today:

I'm LOVING this weather. Especially, in light of the fact that a LOOOONG Minnesota winter will soon be underway. I'm also looking forward to another fun Ladies Night Out tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment